Saturday, February 20, 2010

Palin pwned by Actress with Down's Syndrome

I do not by any means wish to suggest that the former partial-term governor of Alaska, mayor of Wasilla, AK, and Action News sport reporter Sarah Palin is in any way retarded, but she did get completely burned by an actress with Down's syndrome who voiced the character of Ellen in a recent controversial episode of "Family Guy":

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in " Smudge" but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On". I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".


In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.


Rest of the statement is here.

Now, I have mixed feelings about Family Guy. It is really juvenile and low-brow and often I kind of dirty for having watched it. But like South Park, and to a lesser extent The Simpsons, it is about the only TV show that dares to push the envelope in social commentary and satire. I think it is a truism of satire that it misses more than times than it is on the money (SNL, anyone?) but at least they try.





(One of these women is more qualified than the other to comment on current events...)

No comments: